For the long weekend we packed up the car and took a drive a few hours east to stay at my family’s summer home in the Hamptons. We try and spend as much of the summer out there as we can, because even though it is only a short ride away from home once you get there you feel like you are truly on vacation. A few days of R&R was just what what we needed to get back on track after my husband was traveling for work for almost two weeks.
When we spend weekends away I spend most of the time in causal cotton dresses, and easy to wear rompers because honestly, thinking about planning an outfit is the last thing I want to do. So, today, in I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite mama’s to show you how we style an easy summer look with Sail To Sable and Lisi Lerch. Since the clouds were starting to roll in yesterday after almost five days of sunshine this Sail to Sable dress was my go to choice for our afternoon outing. It would be perfect for a stroll through town, or a day out on the water. Add these amazingly fun tassel earrings from Lisi Lerch and some cute wedges and you have a look that is perfect for a causal summer date night.
Check out how all the other stylish mamas styled their looks by heading to their blogs linked below.
If you haven’t already heard theNordstrom Half Yearly Sale is going on now, which means it’s time to stock up on all your summer (and off season) essentials. Whether you are planning a few stay-cations this summer, or headed off to a tropical paradise, you won’t want to miss out on your chance to pick up a some key pieces that will really make your wardrobe pop. So today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite beach ready looks that are all under $100. I’ve had my eye on this this chambray number number for awhile and it would would be great for a casual dinner out, and these designer look a likesunniesfor only $5 definitely made their way into my virtual shopping bag this morning.
And, since it is the holiday weekend, Nordstrom isn’t the only store running a major sale. Here are some of my favorite online retailers that are all celebrating the start of summer:
Anthropologie: Additioanl 30% off sale items Asos: 20% off with code SUMMER Banana Republic: Extra 40% off with code BRTAKE40 Bloomingdale’s: Extra 20% off sale items with code BROWNBAG Express: 15% off your purchase with code 9492 Free People: 25% off all sale items Gap: 35% off your purcahse with code EVENT J. Crew: 30% off your purcahse with code WEEKEND Joe’s Jeans: 25% off sitewide Joie: Additional 20% off sale items with code MD2016 Loft: 40% off new arrivals Lord & Taylor: 20% off almost everything Macy’s: 20% off select items with code MEMDAY Minted: 15% off wedding and kids essentials with code MEMORIAL16 Old Navy: 50% off select styles
I know it’s only Monday, I am already dreaming of the long weekend that is just a few days away. Even though don’t play by the “only wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day” rules anymore, this time of year definitely has me pulling out all my favorite little white dresses to enjoy the beautiful weather (crossing my fingers it stays this way!), and spend some time soaking up the sunshine. Whether your plans are to hit the beach, or head out to a family BBQ, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite white dresses at every price point, with my favorite of the bunch coming in at $72! I can’t get enough of the cutout and bow detail on this one, or, if cute and causal is more your style you might like this option a bit better. Happy Monday everyone!
When it comes to being “trendy” when decorating your home, my philosophy is, everything in moderation. Trying to decide on the style of your kitchen or what tile to use in your bathroom can a bit confusing as you look through those Pinterest images, but you really need to ask yourself, “will I still love this in a year?” So today, I’m rounding up some of my favorite decor trends and how to achieve them in your home without having to renovate your space and spend a fortune.
Accent Mirrors: I’ve been seeing this trend everywhere, and I think its is one of the easiest ways to keep your home looking fresh without spending days painting, or racking up the credit card bills on new decor. Adding a fun mirror over a fireplace, in a hallway, or even a bathroom can really make the space stand out. This one is a great option in a hallway to break up a gallery wall, and is at the perfect price point.
Gold Accents: This next trend has been around for a little while now, but I don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon. Gold hardware or lighting fixtures in a kitchen, bathroom or bar area can take any ordinary space and add a bit of glam and sophistication. If you are skeptical about if this trend is for you, you can take it slow, and try switching out the hardware on a dresser or side table.
Bold Wallpaper: That’s right…wallpaper! I am loving this trend, especially in smaller spaces like a powder room or as an accent on built in shelves. My favorite part about this trend is that you don’t have to go through the hassle of getting someone to hang the paper (or hang it yourself) because there are a ton of amazing options out there for temporary wall paper, which not only makes it easy to put up, but also makes it easy to take down when you are “over” the look.
Modern Accents: If I had to choose this is probably my favorite trend as of late. Modern accents can not only be used in modern spaces but can also be mixed in with rustic elements as well as traditional designs. I have these chairs in my home and love how they look paired with my rustic farm table. I also have a similar print from minted in my daughters nursery to add a bit of color and fun to her gallery wall.
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest to see my current home decor inspiration and obsessions, and I would love to know what design trend you all are crushing on lately. Leave your answers in the comments below!
This weekend was so special for our family because our little baby girl turned one and I cannot believe a a whole year has passed since we brought our tiny baby home from the hospital. We celebrated her big day on Friday with our family, pizza and of course cupcakes, and just like her mama Addison LOVES a god cupcake!
Next month we will be having a bigger celebration with our family and friends, and I am so looking forward to celebrating our sweet baby girl. While I haven’t picked a real “theme” for the party, I am going to be using some festive decorations in a pink and gold color palette. So, I have rounded up some affordable and fun decorations from two of my favorite online stores to shop for party decor, Target and Etsy. And, don’t worry, if you are looking for some alternative colors to pink, most of these options come in blues, greens, purples and really any color you can think of. I hope everyone had a great weekend, happy Sunday!
At this time last year we were anxiously awaiting the arrival of our sweet baby girl. I remember sitting with my family last Mother’s Day thinking about all the new changes that were about to happen and wondering what kind of mother I would be. Would I be good at it? Would it be too hard? Would I be able to handle the sleepless nights and long days of caring for a newborn? Well, fast forward one year later and it looks like we all made it out OK and in one piece. Now, with my first (official) Mother’s Day in the books, I have to say it was pretty darn special.
The arrival of Mother’s Day also means that my sweet baby girl will be turing one in a few short days and it is really hard to believe that a whole year has flown by. In this past year I have learned how to love harder then ever before, cry more than I ever have and I have learned more about myself, not only a mom, but as a woman, than I ever thought possible. I have learned how to rely on my husband time and time again because, quite honestly, he is a truly amazing dad and Addison and I are blessed to have him in our lives. While this year was filled with many exciting firsts, it was also filled with some really hard times as well. This year, I have seen some really close friends slowly fade away and I have struggled with trying to keep my identity outside of being a mom intact.
The most important thing I have learned in this first year of motherhood is that life does not throw anything your way that you cannot handle. And, even in all the chaos that comes along with being a new mom, if you don’t stop and take the time to enjoy the moment you might be missing out on something really special.
Lately I’ve been reflecting on a few things in my life that I would like to change. Most of them are simple ways I can positively change my attitude and outlook on life, so in turn, I can be a better mom, wife and overall person. I feel like this past year has been ALL about mom life, and while I am not complaining and I would happily do anything and everything for my daughter and my family, I am finally ready to take back a few small things that were all mine before I became a mom.
I’m not talking about life altering changes, just small things like reading a book from start to finish, getting to spend a whole Saturday with my girlfriends, or even getting up 15 minutes earlier to have some quiet time to drink my coffee start my day off on a good note. So, I’ve decided to make a “Summer Bucket List” of things I want to accomplish in the upcoming months and continue throughout the rest of the year to ultimately help reboot and rebalance my life. My bucket list is as follows:
1. Reestablish a bi-weekly date night with my hubby: Ideally, I would like this to be a weekly thing, but I’m starting off slow. With so much family around us it really is silly not to take advantage of free babysitting and take a night to ourselves. It could mean grabbing a slice of pizza or pulling out all the stops and hitting up our favorite spot in NYC;
2. Establishing A Gym Routine: I am very inconsistent when it comes to working out. There are weeks when I am diligent and I hit my three to four time a week goal and then I can go weeks where I do nothing. As the weather warms up I am feeling motivated to try and hit the gym or do so some kind of exercise a least three times a week. If I hit this goal maybe I’ll reward myself with some shiny new workout gear like this;
3. Reading at least four books from now until September: Last year my BFF read over 100 books in a year, and this year she is looking to top that. While my four books in the next four months seems like nothing compared to that, I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually read a book from cover to cover;
4. Spending more time with friends: I recently had a girls dinner with some other mom friends of mine and it was glorious! This one is a really important to me because my friends are like my family, and I couldn’t imagine life without them. I am going to make a larger effort to get in face time with my oldest and dearest friends because they are my sanctuary when life at home is getting crazy;
5. Spend more time with our first “baby”, our fur-baby: Ok, any animal lovers out there know what I am talking about here. When life gets busy and stressful sometimes our fur children get less attention than they probably should…am I right? Our pup, Jackson, has been so amazing with everything this past year, that I really want to start giving him the one on one attention he deserves. That means a lot of morning beach trips in our near future;
6. Take a few minutes each day for ME: This one seems really vague and honestly I am not sure exactly what this means yet, but I know it is something that has to happen. I need some time that is free of crying babies, barking dogs, work emails, social media notifications and really is just about taking a deep breath and gathering my thoughts. This might sound selfish, but it is very necessary. I know this will be the most challenging for me, but I’ll keep you all posted on how it’s coming along.
I’m sure this list will grow and morph over the next few weeks and even months but in the meantime I’d love to hear what your bucket lists are, so leave some comments below!